Ronald McDonald House and Family Rooms often accommodate outpatients receiving treatment for serious illnesses, therefore it is vitally important that all guests and their visitors must be infection free.
Special information regarding Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
All families and team members will be screened prior to entering a facility to minimise the opportunity of inadvertently spreading the virus.
All in-house family members will undergo a daily temperature and wellness check, and additional temperature checks every time they enter the House
Prior to admission, the following wellness questions will be asked:
- Do you currently have an elevated temperature of 37.5C or higher, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or other flu-like symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea?
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 by a medical professional?
- In the past 14 days, have you had close contact with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 by a medical professional? (Close contact is defined as being within 1 metre for 15 minutes or more or living within the same household).
- Have you been told by a healthcare provider or public health official that you should self-quarantine due to potential COVID-19 exposure(s) or that you are suspected of having COVID-19?
Registered families staying at an RMHC House/Family Room may not return home or alternate days/weeks with other family members.
People with flu-like symptoms will not be permitted to enter our facilities.
Many of the children staying at Ronald McDonald House have suppressed immune systems, making even a slight infection possibly very serious. Please check your immunisations are up to date and let us know if you have:-
- Had any exposure to a confirmed case of the following over the past 3 weeks:-
- Chicken pox
- Rubella (German measles)
- Whooping Cough
- Head Lice
2. If you have had any of the following over the past 2 days:-
- Fever (higher than 38 degrees C)
- Vomiting or diarrhoea
- Flu symptoms (stiff neck, headache with a fever)
- Cold symptoms (runny nose, cough, congestion, sore throat, watery eyes)
- Skin rash or skin lesions that are ‘weepy’
Special Information regarding Measles
In respect to the measles outbreak in New Zealand, all persons entering Ronald McDonald House, or the Ronald McDonald Family Rooms should either:-
- Be fully immunised (received two doses of MMR vaccine – typically given at 15 months and 4 years)
- Had one immunisation, we recommend you contact your health professional to receive your booster(s)
- Had previously had measles (but not recently)
- Been born before 1969
If you have not been immunised or are not sure, you should contact your GP to test your immunity and have this confirmed prior to coming to the House or Family Room.
Under no circumstances can guests who have been in contact or diagnosed with measles, chicken pox or shingles, or who have had an episode of vomiting or diarrhoea in the last 48 hours, be allowed to enter our facilities. People with flu-like symptoms are also not permitted to enter our facilities.
Can I be reached by phone?